Holiday Sing is an annual holiday show featuring every class. Students have been preparing for several weeks to sing, dance, and perform for you. It will be held Tuesday, December 17, 6:30-8 p.m.
Holiday Sing is performed at the University of Redlands Memorial Chapel. The chapel has room to seat our students and staff, and approximately 900 audience members. We fill it to capacity.
With this many performers and audience members, the event takes a lot of coordination. The instructions and logistics below will help you have a smoother and more enjoyable evening. Some instructions have changed from previous years.
How the Evening Flows
You can drop your children off starting at 6 p.m. See locations below.
Seating begins at 6 p.m., with priority given to audience members in wheelchairs. Chapel doors will open at 6 p.m. You may wait in the chapel foyer or outside until doors open. If a member of your party requires wheelchair seating, you will be able to enter a few minutes earlier through the wheelchair-accessible entrance on the left side of the chapel (facing the building).
Arriving early is not recommended. You will not have access to the chapel before 6 p.m. unless a member of your party is in a wheelchair.
The show starts at 6:30 p.m. Each class, the Elementary dancers, and The Grove School’s choir will perform individually. Toddlers close the show.
Capturing the Memories
- The show will be professionally photographed and recorded, to allow you to focus on enjoying your child’s performance. We have a new videographer for this year.
- You may order DVDs of the show. DVDs are $15 each. Order DVDs now »
- If you do choose to take a few pictures or record part of your child’s performance, do not block the view of anyone around you and for safety reasons, please stay out of the aisles.
- Drop off Toddlers at the Fine Arts Building to the right of the chapel, Room 107.
- Drop off Primary students at Watchorn Hall to the left of the chapel, Room 103.
- Drop off Elementary students in the chapel balcony. Follow the signs as posted.
- Remain in your seats and wait for dismissal instructions from Jenny Davidson at the end of the program.
- Staff members will check children off a list before releasing them to you, for safety reasons. Be sure you make eye contact with staff members before taking your child.
Finding a Seat
Seating is first-come, first-served. Doors will not open until 6 p.m.
- You may sit in seats that are not roped off. Roped-off seats are for the performers, who will take their seats just before the show starts, and will return to them after they perform.
- You may hold a seat for yourself and one companion. Large parties should plan to arrive together so that you can sit together.
- Wheelchair seating is reserved for people in wheelchairs and their companions.
- Seating is available in the front part of the balcony.
Ushers will be available to assist as necessary. Look for the green MIR t-shirts.